Friday, January 15, 2010

phoenix in pieces

This original 30x40 painting of mine on the left was cut in half when my son totaled his car a few years back. Recently I turned it into a 24x24 gallery wrapped collage naming it “Phoenix in Pieces”. It expresses that due to Lupus I have endured strokes, many chronic illnesses, hospitalizations, rehab centers and recently due to neurological damages and a broken back I live my life from a power wheel chair. I may be “broken” but like my “Phoenix Revival” painting I may have been a fallen Eagle but God has put me back together to be a thing of beauty, unique and ready to be a witness for all that God can do. Isaiah 43:18-19 “Forget the former things. Do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up: do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wasteland.”
I am now back to my fulfilling art career and am once again teaching piano and voice students, living life to its fullest. I am truly

No comments:

Post a Comment