Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Featured artist Yvonne C. Lozano


About Yvonne C. Lozano BIOGRAPHY I am originally from New Orleans, LA, but have been living most my life in Jacksonville, FL. As a child I was always interested in learning and exploring the world around me with an emphasis on tapping into the creative & expressive side of my brain. Art has been an ever evolving and never ending learning process in my life. I went to Douglas Anderson School of the Arts where I majored in drawing and painting, which is also where most of my serious art training began. I went on to study at Jacksonville University, graduating in 2001 with a Bachelors of Fine Arts and a concentration in printmaking. I work primarily in acrylics on canvas documenting my childhood memories, but I have recently gotten into doing large-scale murals as well. My work has been seen nationally through the Progressive People’s Biennial Exhibit from 2007-2009; it has made it’s way into corporate art collections such Baptist Hospital South & Wolfson Children’s Hospital in Jacksonville, FL; I have been selected as a featured artist on such online sources as Fine Art America, Blick Art Materials Facebook Page, & Liquitex Artist Materials Facebook Page; In addition, I have been getting involved in public art projects throughout the city to help expose the community to the benefits of art, such as: exterior murals, collaborative works, and art hunts.

No comments:

Post a Comment